Please note that the potential closure of the Fund has been averted, as the issue with Temporis Capital LLP, the provider of the annual payment of £9000 into the Fund, has been resolved.
What is the Villages Community Fund?
The Villages Community Fund is funded by Temporis Wind and aimed at small community led organisations. The Villages Community Fund is for projects which will benefit the residents of the following parishes of Westhall, Holton and Sotherton. The Villages Community Fund is managed by Norfolk Community Foundation on behalf of Temporis Wind, and decisions on grant applications are made by the Villages Community Fund Panel, which comprises representatives from the three parishes.
The purpose of the Villages Community Fund is to support any type of activity that involves local people through small community organisations that benefit their community. The activities must provide some measure of economic, environmental, educational, social or cultural benefit for people living in the area. Temporis Wind will pay £9,000 annually into the Fund while the Bernard Matthews Green Energy Windfarm is operational.
Who can apply?
Your group can apply if you:
• are a small community led organisation;
• are a not-for-profit group; or
• are working in and involving people from the communities within the following parishes of Westhall, Holton and Sotherton and have a constitution or set of rules, dated and signed as “adopted” by the Chair, or other senior office holder on behalf of the group.
How much can we apply for?
There is no limit to the amount you can apply for in any financial year.
When to apply
Applications received by 31 March will be considered during the April meeting, applications received by 30 September will be considered at the October meeting. Time sensitive applications may be considered in the interim.
How to apply
Step 1 - Read the Guidelines for the Fund, and then complete the Application Form. You can do this in one of three ways:
(1) You can print off the Guidelines, Application Form and Checklist, and then complete and send your Application Form either by e-mail to Norfolk Community Foundation or by post at Norfolk Community Foundation, St. James Mill, Whitefriars, Norwich NR3 1TN.
(DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THE PARISH COUNCIL.)
(2) If you do not have access to a printer, you can obtain a paper copy of the forms from the Norfolk Community Foundation Grants Team tel 01603 623958.
(3) You can apply online via the Norfolk Community Foundation website.
If you are using an old version of eg. Internet Explorer you may find it helpful to download a copy of Google Chrome to ensure you have the best experience - this browser is free to download at: http://www.google.com/chrome/
The online form enables you to upload various pieces of supporting information to complete your application. You can still send some or all of your supporting information separately by email or by post if you wish.
If you have any problems at all using the system please contact the Norfolk Community Foundation Grants Team tel 01603 623958.
Step 2 - Ensure that Norfolk Community Foundation receives your Application Form, and all supporting information, by the deadline date (where applicable).